Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
Ingredients – Serves 4
egg free | nut free | gluten free
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capsicum or chipotles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto/black beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine capsicum/chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup chicken, ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup beans, ¼ avocado, 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.